Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accountin

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accounting
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 13:13:28 +0200

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:03:30AM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> > On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Sebastian Hilbert
> >
> > As for minimally what LedgerSMB would need:
> >
> > For each invoice:
> > 1)  Patient's contact/billing info on a new patient
>
> That can be delivered easily. There is a patient object in GNUmed.
>
> > 2)  Which patient is involved
>
> Same as above. There is the status "active patient"

I believe Chris is rather referring to "who's the patient
when the bill is received by someone else" (guardian,
parent).

> > 3)  Identifier for the invoice......
>
> Either supplied or auto generated by LSMB (and then handed back to GNUmed for
> reference)

Chris suggested that from his POV he'd rather like to track
GNUmed-supplied invoice IDs. No problem. That would help
solve the question which billed items to attach to which
bill.

> > For each line item on the invoice
> > 1)  An identifier for the part or service
>
> This would be entered in LSMB initially and then handed to GNUmed (made
> available in a PhraseWheel I guess)

The bill*able* item would be managed in LSMB. That
information would be loaded into GNUmed. From that load the
provider selects some billables which then become billed
items (invoice line items).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de