Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accountin

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accounting
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 13:23:05 +0200

I've been guilty of writing and reading way too many
woulds/shoulds/coulds in this thread.

Shall we constrain ourselves to the simplest imaginably
useful use case ?

GNUmed side:

- doctor selects items to bill from a list
- doctor adds required patient-specific information
- doctor ACKs selected items for billing
- doctor effects "process now"
- GNUmed generates invoice ID
- GNUmed sends items and invoice ID to LSMB
- GNUmed marks items as sent if successfully sent

LSMB side:

- sanity check of data
- assembles items into invoice structure

- "accountant" effects generation of invoice
- "accountant" prints invoice

I don't currently care one whit about anything more
sophisticated (barring bugs in my logic preventing the above
from being coherent).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de