Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accountin

From: Chris Travers
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accounting
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 09:03:57 -0700

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Sebastian Hilbert
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 20. Mai 2011, 13:00:33 schrieb Karsten Hilbert:
>> On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 12:26:41AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>> >             bill.billable_item
>> >
>> > might better live in LSMB
>>
>> No. It would live in the GNUmed database. It would
>> periodically/on request reload from LSMB.
>>
>> A script can do that. That script (whether periodically or
>> on-demand matters not) will, indeed, need accounts with LSMB
>> and with GNUmed. But said accounts can be *very* restricted.
>>
>> Karsten
>
> If a script is used I guess you mean unix like shell script and cron ?
>
> If technically feasible I would like to see something cross platform.

Why not put it in the db using something like dblink?  (DBILink I
think requires PL/Perl, not sure if that works on Windows have heard
it does not work on AIX, but dblink should work).

The relevant data from the two applications could then be presented to
eachother as views, and permissions heavily restricted for the
integration side.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers