Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter types suggested additions

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter types suggested additions
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 07:05:48 +0200

Am Sonntag, 22. Mai 2011, 03:07:13 schrieb richard terry:

> In regard to entering nursing home notes:
>
> As my program runs over the internet via an i-p address, when, and if I
> ever get it finished I will simply log on via wireless and write directly
> to the file server  ( Ian and I have tested this as and it works  fine in
> principal - as per gnuMeds public database),

Do you have acceptable performance ? Many people noted sluggish perfomance.
This seems to be technical issue since each SQL query has to travel all the
way to the server and back.

So for usable performance on could either run it through nxclient which will
only transfer screen content and mouse action over the internet line. Or one
could code up a web interface.

GNUmed has a prototy web interface done in python (pyjamas actually) which
reuses the complete middleware and backend code of GNUmed by leveraging the
power of JSON-RPC. The beauty in my opinion is that all heavy liftig is done
on the server elimination the line latency for each sql query.

Sebastian