Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter types suggested additions

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter types suggested additions
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 15:15:07 +1000

On Sunday 22 May 2011 15:05:48 Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 22. Mai 2011, 03:07:13 schrieb richard terry:
> > In regard to entering nursing home notes:
> >
> > As my program runs over the internet via an i-p address, when, and if I
> > ever get it finished I will simply log on via wireless and write directly
> > to the file server  ( Ian and I have tested this as and it works  fine in
> > principal - as per gnuMeds public database),
>
> Do you have acceptable performance ?
Sorry, No - not up to even thinking about that stage.

I just remember that when ian put our database on one of Horsts Servers, which
I think was located in germany somewhere, I was amazed how well it ran.

I guess it depends on the size of the query and what you cache on the local
machine. I tend to pull only small bits of info from the backend at any one
time - I adopted a "just in time" approach - plus linked to a timer - so that
there is not continual polling on the backend - only does the call once the
user pauses + if dealing with lookup type data - its pulled from a local
cache.

As you know Sebastian, I'm not a real good programmer and certainly have no
technical knowledge about this stuff.

Regards

Richard