[Gnumed-devel] Launching multiple instances from same directory

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Launching multiple instances from same directory
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:28:11 -0700

From the command line, I noticed no trouble running GNUmed except recently I
started to play with a second instance (in order to log in a second user) while
th efirts instance is still running.

Something about this arrangement causes Apple's X11 (in which I am running
GNUmed on Mac) to lock up / freeze / hang i.e. to become unresponsive.

I was going to supply logs, but then wondered whether launching the second
instance from the same directory causes a problem, in that the second might be
trying to write to a log file that is already open with the first instance
already writing to it?

If that is the answer, I can launch from some different directory.

Is there anything that it is desired that I try?

-- Jim