Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinician input wanted: how to implement "coding"

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] clinician input wanted: how to implement "coding"
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 08:54:58 +0200

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 09:24:23PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> >> - and once the codes have been associated to a health issue, would opening
> >> the health issue into a notelet pre-populate the notelet with the
> >> already-known codes?
> >
> > No.
>
> Is it manageable to programmatically aid, from the Notes
> editor, the transfer of codes from SOAP rows to a health
> issue if that is what the user would – in a given case –
> desire?

I think the Notes editor is already quite complex. While it
is possible I don't think the Notes editor is the proper
place for attaching codes to the health issue, except that
the problem list may be enhanced to allow right-clicking for
invoking the health issue edit area.

> Would it be manageable with a check-box or would it need
> to be managed in a similar way to how encounter names can be
> transferred into episode names, and episode names into
> health issue names?

The issue edit area could offer preferred selection from
among the codes attached to the associated SOAPs.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de