Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 13:13:50 -0700

In the currently-published v15 schema, I can find only

        clin.coded_phrase

so I am having trouble to understand its relationships to other tables. For
example, exists there an as-yet unpublished v16 in which this table has been
extended with columns and/or one one more tables to hold all of the
associations of this code to a clinical record?

Would a single table hold these associations, whether they were to soap rows or
to health issues, or are such associations split into different tables?

Also, is the following shipped-with-gnumed report definition fragment obsolete
(if the view has since been renamed from

        clin.v_coded_item_narrative

select *
from
        dem.v_basic_person
                inner join
        clin.v_coded_item_narrative
                using (pk_identity)
where
        code = 'put the code here'
        -- specify a coding system here
--      and coding_system = '...'
        -- specify a SOAP category here
--      and soap_cat = '...'

Also does

        clin.v_narrative4search

inform searches of narrative at all levels *above* the SOAP rows but not the
soap rows themselves?

-- Jim