Re: [Gnumed-devel] Managing staff (user accounts)

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Managing staff (user accounts)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 23:36:09 -0700

More to gradually work through…

I understand that the db account for a user (e.g. any-doc) must be unique
however more than that it must be unique, I would expect that

1) once such an account has been created and associated with a person (staff)
in GNUmed, we should not later be actually editing (or inviting to edit in the
GUI with the help of the gm-dbo password) this db account name, should we? How
can you have a trail when you allow the trail to stop, unless every clinical
record is stamped with BOTH a

                unique gm db user account name

AND one among

        a unique alias (short name)
        a unique full name

and at least one of the above is never deleted nor altered. However in the
"Edit staff list" widget it seems that any admin who knows gm-dbo can change
BOTH the alias AND the db account name.