Re: [Gnumed-devel] developing packs of Consumable substances / medicatio

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] developing packs of Consumable substances / medications
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 12:10:20 +0200

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 07:27:46AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> > The key principle for data packs needs to be that they must
> > only provide passive data and not any custom scripts GNUmed
> > needs to run on their behalf.
>
> Not sure what is meant here, because the data will need to have a way to get
> into GNUmed.

Yes but we don't really want GNUmed to execute arbitrary
scripts supplied by a data pack if at all avoidable.

> Can the above be restated as:
>
> no matter the original source, each member of any family
> of data packs (coding systems, medications etc) will need to
> have been transmogrified from its source into a consistent
> data construct (say, an sql file) and

Or at least into a data construct processable by means
already inherent to the GNUmed expected to process it.

> no matter the original source, the import into GNUmed
> shall have to be manageable by running a standard GNUmed
> script "per family of coding packs" so that for example, the
> GNUmed script that would import Canadian medications would
> be the same script as would import German or French
> medications except only for where the script is being
> pointed to?

Something like that, yes. The intent is to reduce security
implications.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de