[Gnumed-devel] Family History tables

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 21:51:43 +0200

Thanks to Richard's design on this topic I've got a good
start on adding this "last" major clinical data capture
item.

Richard recommends allowing either linking to another person
in the database or allowing entry of demographic snippets
for persons not stored in the database.

One thing I am not sure about: Assuming a remote cousin of
Kirk died from stroke at age 28 but I don't feel confident
adding said cousin as a person to the database. When I now
want to add said cousin's stroke to Kirk and his brother's
Family History (both of which in the database) - would I
want to store that as two rows or as one row to which both
link from their EMR ?   The latter would also imply that
when I edit, say, the age of death from within Kirk's Family
History it would automatically appear modified in his
brother's Family History regarding said cousin.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de