Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:09:30 +0200

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 12:54:44AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> Let us turn this situation around. I think I just came to
> the understanding that any sharing within GNUmed must be
> "push" not "pull".

I can agree with that based on the reasons you cited.

> I think it is worthwhile to create the family history link
> even though we did not yet add (share) any health
> information ...

I think we should not overly intertwine the two:

        - genetic relationship linking

vs

        - family *history* items

despite the latter depending on the former.

> Therefore is seems like what appears in the family history
> for any person (patient) in GNUmed should be a combination of
>
> - a copy of information that was "pushed" from the
> person-relative GNUmed record on the basis of the consent of
> the relative, and

I would assume so because of this scenario:

I have history of recurrent gastritis. I don't tell my
doctor that I drink. Doctor asks me whether to allow
informing the family history of my son to know that I suffer
recurrent gastritis.

Later I inform my doctor that I drink and we establish that
as the cause of my recurrent gastritis. We also edit my
health issue of "recurrent acute gastritis" to "recurrent
acute gastritis (c2)".

Now:

If the family history item of my son is a *link* to the
health issue in *my* chart then my son's chart will now
auto-contain the "(c2)" modification despite I may or may
not have approved that to be pushed as well.

If the family history item of my son is a *copy* of my
previously pushed health issue it will NOT automatically
contain the updated yet sensitive information - rather only
after I decide to re-push it.

> - rows which are created based on *self-report* of the
> patient should not link to the source person -- even if the
> person existed in GNUmed

Based on the above implementing family history tables
actually becomes *easier*.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de