Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables

From: Adrian Midgley
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 00:38:17 +0100

http://www.defoam.net/hubris/hubris03.htm (1997)

Around that time I considered the problem of linking families.

Relationships should be considered I think in terms of the percentage
of shared variable genes - parent child and brother relationships are
both 50%

Start with the oldest female registered in the Practice.

She is family 1 and not any otehr family.

For each descendant of her, add family 1 to their family identity table entries.

On running out of relatives, move to the next oldest female who is not
in family 1.  She is family 2.

Having run out of females, repeat, starting with the oldest male.

--
Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/