Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 14:42:23 -0700

On 2011-06-13, at 12:13 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> - and relationship records would be distinct from family
>> history *items*
>
> At this stage each FHx item contains an FK into the
> relationship type table. Values provided by default are take
> from Richard's documentation.
>
>> each of which may (or may not) populate an
>> f-key to an actual person in GNUmed
>
> Not at this stage.

So ~ 0.1 of FHx (which will go into gnumed-next) will not link family history
items to the blood-relative, even when the blood relative did already exist (or
get created) in gnumed.

However perhaps ~ 0.2  of FHx can expand the FHx records so that they would
have an f-key to the actual person, if the person did exist in GNUmed and maybe
a column in which to record the consent of the linked person to allow their
side of the health issue to be disclosed?

and even if we did the above, it would be without the creation of a "families"
table, because a families table needs linkages like

- any person to multiple other individual persons with some codification of the
link (e.g. sibling)
- the links then provide a basis to link other people (all siblings being
siblings of each other, for example)
- at which point it all gets very complicated!

??

-- Jim