Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:02:35 -0700

> On 2011-06-14, at 2:52 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>
>> Two important concepts have been unearthed so far:
>>
>> - family history needs to be push, not pull
>>      ->  consent of relative
>> - family history needs to be copy-per-patient, not shared

A "push" would involve displaying a list of one or more people who already
exist in GNUmed.

This could be achieved by

- one-at-a-time search, for example by name of the relative of interest
- multi-selection from  a list of blood relatives, at the point where such
functionality (Hubris model?) were to be added to GNUmed

Should I create a Launchpad topic where to store some of this thread (or even
just link, from Launchpad, to this thread in the mail archive)?

-- Jim