Re: [Gnumed-devel] publicdb.gnumed.de performance

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] publicdb.gnumed.de performance
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:17:26 +0200

Am Samstag, 7. Mai 2011, 19:30:39 schrieb Slappinjohn:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> it's not only a problem for using the public db. In my practice I'm
> running a GNUmed-server at home and connect via openvpn and dyndns. Most
> of the time I'm waiting for a new patient to show up or changing tabs or
> unfold the encouter tree. If anything can be done on performance
> matters, it would be great. All the other network services (CUPS,
> davical) are working just fine

Seems there are quite a few people experiencing various problems.

Going over the PG mailing list there seems to be issues with buffer sizes,
compression on/off, TCP related problems.

If someone has the time to try out the various options this could enhance the
usability of GNUmed over high latency connections.

Sebastian