Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication tweaks

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication tweaks
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:56:34 +0200

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 09:39:37PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> >>    set default_transaction_read_only to off;
> >>    DELETE FROM clin.lnk_substance2episode;
> >>    DELETE FROM clin.substance_intake;
> >>    DELETE FROM ref.consumable_substance;
> >>    DELETE FROM ref.lnk_substance2brand;
> >>    DELETE FROM ref.branded_drug;
> >>    DELETE FROM ref.consumable_substance;
>
> Questions on how to fit the above into a wider plan…
>
> 1) is it a reasonable generalization that any IT support
> who would (on behalf of a praxis) install a drug pack --
> when such a drug pack is intended to replace records in the
> reference file -- may desire to prune out all substances
> that are not in use by a patient

Yes, assuming

- the praxis does not want to see substances other than
  those in the drug data pack

- the drug data pack contains all the drugs the praxis
  wants to see

> i.e. an improved and more complete -- and tested --
> version of what I began above (but which instead preserves
> already-used consumable substances), could form one among a
> number of "maintenance" scripts or sql files

Yes.

> 2) what determines whether resources like "drug pruners" would be provided as
> .sh or as .sql ?
>
>       .sh is run from the command line ?
>       .sql may be called
>               … by a shell script and/or
>               … from inside something like psql ??

That's the exact questions I referred to when stating that
I'm not yet sure how to actually construct drug packs.

So, I don't know :-)

> 3) shall we put future drug packs (when they would be country-specific) under
>
>       /server/sql/country.specific
>
> and, when not country specific (or when 'generic' as what vaibhav provided)
> into
>
>       /server/sql/country.nonspecific

Data packs are orthogonal to both bootstrapping and the
client so I wonder where they should live in the git tree -
or whether at all. The ideal solution would be to only have
scripts in the git tree which take data from the original
source and create a data pack.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de