Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication tweaks

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Medication tweaks
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 07:16:36 -0700

On 2011-06-22, at 5:56 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> 2) what determines whether resources like "drug pruners" would be provided
>> as .sh or as .sql ?
>>
>>      .sh is run from the command line ?
>>      .sql may be called
>>              … by a shell script and/or
>>              … from inside something like psql ??
>
> That's the exact questions I referred to when stating that
> I'm not yet sure how to actually construct drug packs.

A shell script such as

        install-drug-data.sh

could prompt

        (1) whether or not to remove all unused substances & brands

        (2) which drug pack to install

                - this could prompt input of a drug pack shell script file
specification

                ? will bash-style autocompletion (input characters, press tab)
                        work *inside* shell scripts?

        (3) the drug pack shell script would

                - download drug data from source (substances +- Brands)
                - assemble a suitable sql file

        (4) only if the above exited with success would the original script

                (a) begin a transaction

                (b) remove all unused substances, brands (if requested)
                        - this could be by re-using an in-common sql file

                (c) load the drug pack data by calling the assembled sql files

                (d) commit

??

-- Jim