Re: [Gnumed-devel] Document parts display

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Document parts display
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 19:35:29 +0200

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 09:14:28AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> 1. Can we make the listings of documents more informative? For example, the
> "parts" that result from the printing of a FreeDiams prescription are
>
>       - in the case of part 1, a PDF (hinted from the non-displayed but
> stored source filename which ends in .pdf)
>       - in the case of part 2, an xml file of the prescription (… source
> filename … ends in .xml)
>
>       ? maybe trail after ( xxx kB) (PDF) or (.pdf)

GNUmed will now set the .comment field of the parts to:

        _("copy") for the pdf part(s)
        _("data") for the XML part

It will also display, given there's a filename extension
available from the .filename field, display

        (xxx <magnitude> <file extension>)

such as

        (1.2 MB png)
        (800 kB PDF)

> 2. in the case of the documents which had been
> bootstrapped (the Vietnam 2003 reports) I cannot seem to
> open them and wonder if it is in GNUmed impossible to do so
> absent an entry in the "filename" field from which to
> trigger any document viewer?

The filename is not required.

The log may be able to tell us more.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de