Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request for comment: icd10-database

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request for comment: icd10-database
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:31:47 -0700

On 2011-06-28, at 12:51 PM, Slappinjohn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently I'm writing a little tool for importing icd10 codes supplied
> by health department or WHO into a database. Finally it should end up in
> a little code-search-plugin for gnumed.
>
> For not rewriting it for every country I just wanna know how these data
> are supplied in your country.
>
> In Germany we can choose between plain text ASCII (not very usable,
> because not well formated) and an xml-like ClaML (Classification Markup
> Language, maybe this is kind of a standard?)
>
> If there should be a solution that fits every needs it would be best, so
> let me know
>
> Greets,
>
> Marc

I am not clear what

        the form in which it is supplied in a country

has to do with

        a solution that fits every needs

??

Is it a case where the GNUmed project might have access to different sources,
where it may be helpful to pull down (at different times, from different
countries) different sources in order to be able to most flexibly create an
update if one source goes offline or becomes unavailable?

-- Jim