Re: [Gnumed-devel] Social network tweaking and future out-of-praxis prov

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Social network tweaking and future out-of-praxis provider tracking
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:03:39 -0700

On 2011-06-28, at 2:35 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Also, I doubt I am alone in seeing value to input the different doctors (or
>> other providers) that a patient has been seeing or has been referred to
>> (even if, after a time, the patient discontinues to see some of these
>> people). It is embarrassing to re-refer a patient to a doctor when there
>> exists a history that the relationship had problems.
>>
>> One obstacle to decide how to manage this is where in GNUmed to store such
>> values. Would it be similar to the drug scheme in which there could be a
>>
>>      ref.<table>
>>
>> which holds listings outside the praxis of
>
> That may work.
>
>> but when one of these professionals would be actually
>> used, would such people get added as "Persons" in GNUmed or
>> would these people live only in reference tables. What about
>> their addresses and phone numbers etc?
>
> The contact details typically belong to organisations within
> which people fulfill roles. Where not (private mobile
> number) they belong to a person, yes.

of course, permitting providers like other doctors, physiotherapists to live
"only" in reference tables somewhat violates

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/GmManualManagingUsers#Concepts

        Concepts

        A person is a person is a person

        Any person GNUmed is to know about must have an entry
        in the demographics database. There is no difference
        whether it is staff, a patient, or a contact.

-- Jim