Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounters when importing path / lab test results

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounters when importing path / lab test results
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 07:32:30 +0200

> 1) are we interested to create a "stock" encounter for this kind of event,
> to be created (added) to people's table of clin.encounter as part of the
> future
>
>       v15 --> v16 update
>
>       having description (perhaps)
>
>               'automated data import'
>       or      'scripted data import'
>
>       or even just plain
>
>               'data import'
>
> which can maybe then serve as a basis for i18N translation?

The importers itself would ensure it exists as needed because
users could delete if even though it was bootstrapped.

> 2) do we simply ignore that this would (presumably) show up, listed in the
>
>       GNUmed menu > Master data > Manage lists > Encounter types

Yes.

> 3) we would suggest, when importing data, to leave .reason_for_encounter
> NULL ?

Or else it *could* be set to "hl7 import" or some such effecting another
way to easily search for those encounters.

> 4) we might suggest / propose to set
>
>       .assessment_of_encounter =
>
>       <perhaps the name / description of the importer script that generated
> the
> data \
>               plus fk to the job?>

Oh, OK, that's the same idea, yes :-)

>       .started =
>
>       <perhaps to the value of the start of the importer script \
>               as captured in an import log?>

Well, that encounter started when the importer started to write data
into the database, so, yes, something like that.