Re: [Gnumed-devel] Episodes and imported path / lab data

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Episodes and imported path / lab data
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:23:20 -0700

On 2011-07-01, at 1:22 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Well, for reasons outlined (given someone simply *may* want to associate)
>> can it be changed in v16 to NULLable?
>
> I would need to see *extremely* good reasons for that.

I am sent information about my patient, which I did not request.

I have no idea why they had a complete blood count (which was normal). Maybe it
was for insurance.

Maybe an insurance company sent me a request for information.

I suppose all of these could be covered by an unattributed episode

        "received information"

which could always be closed (and despite which being closed could always be
added to by an importer).

Maybe there is an argument that unless and until the clinician would reassign
some better reason why it was done, it could remain under

        "received information"

and maybe the argument that it is better that such information be so-tagged
instead of haning under the uncertainty of "null"?

-- Jim