Re: [Gnumed-devel] updating server on windows

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] updating server on windows
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 22:22:26 +0200

Am Sonntag, 3. Juli 2011, 20:49:13 schrieb address@hidden:
> Hi
> I am planning to update server to recent release. If I use all in one
> package, will the previous data be erased? If so, what is the method to
> upgrade it?

Do you want to upgrade a major release or a minor release.

You can upgrade from v14 to v15 . You cannot and don't need to upgrade from
v15.1 to v15.5

Upgrade is done via start menu (choose upgrade instead of bootstrap).

If you boostrap again you loose all your exisiting databases.

So use upgrade.

Ask if you have any questions.

Sebastian