[Gnumed-devel] Lab importers and orgs was Re: GNUmed status 0.9.6 going

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Lab importers and orgs was Re: GNUmed status 0.9.6 going forward
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 13:27:05 -0700

On 2011-07-03, at 12:57 AM, Jim Busser wrote:

>  […]
>       BCB = BCBioMedical Laboratories
>       MDS = MDS Metro Laboratories
>       VML = Valley Medical Laboratories
>       GRB = GR Baker Hospital, Quesnel
>       SMH-S = StMary’s Hospital, Sechelt
>       VCH = Vancouver Coastal Health
>       FHAM = Fraser Health
>  […]

Based on db  schema v15, the import of test results will at minimum require a

        dem.org

per lab, which will each need assigned a

        dem.org_category.pk

So my simplest choices before dem.org is supported in the UI would be to either
create a single generic lab description referencing the data broker

         = 'Excelleris-subscribing lab'

        having dem.org_category.pk = 9 (the shipped-with-gnumed 'Laboratory')

or maybe even to let the importer auto-create any not-yet-existing matching
values among orgs whose

        dem.org_category.description = 'Laboratory'

-- Jim