Re: [Gnumed-devel] Incoming HL7 result type "General Message" that relat

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Incoming HL7 result type "General Message" that relates to a lab request "order"
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 14:32:52 -0700

On 2011-07-06, at 1:24 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 12:53:47PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> Since it may be reasonable to be able to capture such NTE "notes" when they
>> concern the ORC OBR (about "the order") then in
>>
>>      clin.lab_request
>
> Sure !
>
>> we need a column
>>
>>      note_test_org : text
>
> Would clin.lab_request.narrative work ?

Depends. With such a name, I might expect its purpose to hold narrative
provided by the in-praxis provider at the point of ordering the test within
GNUmed ( future functionality).

Do we see legitimacy to separate columns in which to store the in-praxis
providers' narrative separately from notes about this order that are received
from the lab?

Two columns could be created, despite that we would not use one until much
later:

        note_test_org : text <--- usable as soon as anyone would import lab
results

        praxis_narrative " text <--- usable later when GNUmed achieves
"ordering"

??

-- Jim