Re: [Gnumed-devel] Incoming HL7 result microbiology report handling

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Incoming HL7 result microbiology report handling
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 11:25:42 +0200

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 02:27:40PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> In the message below, 4th ORC OBR (Stool culture) we see a variety of OBX
> patterns. The cleanest end result would be 4 rows in test_result:
>
> - a val_alpha comment
>
>       Specimen #1\.br\
>       - 10 day cold enrichment for Yersinia \.br\
>       is performed on all stool specimens.\.br\
>       Further report will follow if positive.\.br
>

>       - Result phoned to physician's office \.br\
>
> - a second val_alpha comment
>
> - a third val_alpha row (Organism 1 result including *its* antibiotic
> sensitivity information)
>
> - a fourth val_alpha row (Organism 2 result, including all *its* antibiotic
> sensitivity information)
>

> Question:
>
> If we stuff all the above Organism identification and
> culture and sensitivity results in a test_result table cell,
> how does the user properly "see" it?

They don't see it in the cell. The get the "..." to signify
that there's more to see. The "more" is - for one thing - to
be seen in the tooltip.

There *can* also be another way of displaying those results,
say, single click the cell and see the details.

Double clicking the cell will *also* display all the details
- this time in the edit area.

> A tooltip comes to
> mind, *but* we already use measurement result tooltips to
> display metadata (see screen shot).

The screenshot would also display all the details.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de