Re: [Gnumed-devel] Document parts display

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Document parts display
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 23:47:46 -0700

On 2011-06-26, at 10:59 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 09:14:28AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> 1. Can we make the listings of documents more informative? For example, the
>> "parts" that result from the printing of a FreeDiams prescription are
>>
>>      - in the case of part 1, a PDF (hinted from the non-displayed but
>> stored source filename which ends in .pdf)
>>      - in the case of part 2, an xml file of the prescription (… source
>> filename … ends in .xml)
>>
>>      ? maybe trail after ( xxx kB) (PDF) or (.pdf)
>
> Screenshot attached.

In my 0.9.7 there is no contextual (control-click) menu for the document, nor
the parts.

Also no tooltips. Were they maybe not yet added?

When I had attached a document, I had left empty the "Comment" field however I
did input free-text information which was saved into

        blobs.doc_desc.text

 … was this maybe intended to be shown in a tooltip? It is nowhere accessible
once you leave the "Attach document" plugin.

-- Jim