Re: [Gnumed-devel] Document parts display

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Document parts display
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:07:31 -0700

On 2011-07-13, at 12:47 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:47:46PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> In my 0.9.7 there is no contextual (control-click) menu for the document,
>> nor the parts.
>
> Works fine for me.
>
>> When I had attached a document, I had left empty the "Comment" field however
>> I did input free-text information which was saved into
>>
>>      blobs.doc_desc.text
>>
>> … was this maybe intended to be shown in a tooltip?
>
> No. There can be any number of descriptions per document.
>
>> It is nowhere accessible once you leave the "Attach document" plugin.
>
> It is accessible from the document context menu.
>
> Karsten

Apologies for this which I figured out was a Mac one-button-mouse specific
problem under X11 (which problem I sometimes solve with a 2-button mouse).
However, while on the Mac, when using native UI:

        Command (apple) key is the default keyboard shortcut modifier
        Command + C to copy
        Control-click presents the right-mouse click contextual menu

On the Mac, when using X11

        Control is the default keyboard shortcut modifier
        Control + C to copy

        one requires
        *Command-click* to present the right-mouse click contextual menu

<sigh>. When I get a chance, I can see if I can install non-X11 wxWidgets on
Mac since the dependencies might now allow it.

-- Jim