[Gnumed-devel] External ID descriptions - shortname?

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] External ID descriptions - shortname?
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:19:33 -0700

When assigning the "name" and "issuer" of my external ID types stored in

        dem.enum_ext_id_types

I had taken to a system like

        issuer = variation of region.country (ISO)_organization

        name = longName

for example

        BC.CA_VCHA (<--- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority) name = 'Medical
Record Number'
        BC.CA_MSP (<--- Medical Services Plan) name = 'Personal Health Number'

But such names are inefficient to use in patient care because we always think
(doctors and reception) in terms of

        MRN
        PHN

therefore I went back in via psql and renamed

        'Medical Record Number' --> 'MRN Medical Record Number'

        'Personal Health Number' --> 'PHN Personal Health Number'

which will more easily allow phrasewheel matching when creating patients.

I only wondered whether in the reference table it attracts anyone more than me
for us to establish in gnumed-future a 'shortname' column so as to support

        MRN     Medical Record Number
        PHN     Personal Health Number

in distinct columns?

-- Jim