[Gnumed-devel] EMR tree (Journal) display and filter suggestions

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] EMR tree (Journal) display and filter suggestions
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 10:24:39 -0700

1. See current right-pane EMR tree for Kirk… would it be agreeable to introduce
a break after the last problem and before # of encounters?

2. Would it make sense to remove the break after Allergies so as to keep what
follows "together" with the Allergy heading?

3. In the per-problem Journal (screenshot) I am again thinking about ways to
help the clinician filter. It seems to me that if I was wanting to filter
notes-within-problem, I may want to filter according to

(a) {Admin vs SOAP} row type: to quickly review previous Objective findings or
all of the previous Plans for this problem)

(b) Provider: so we can more easily re-orient ourselves to what *we* had, as
individual providers, been thinking at earlier visits? I see this as really
important in shared care. Once I was clear on what *I* was thinking, I could
better consider what each / all other clinicians were thinking and maybe
better-integrate / reconcile different, but complementary, ideas of what is
going on.

(c) Date range?

… see screenshot --> could such controls be worked-in to the right of "Show:  (
 ) Synopsis   (  ) Journal" where there remains more space than is shown?

EMR Statistics

 6 known problems. Clinically relevant thereof:
   »9/2000 extraterrestrial infection« (active)
   »abdominal lap« (active)
   »abdominal pain« (active)
   »kirk's brain« (active)
   »loss of control« (active)
   »scar problems left arm« (active)
 18 encounters from 17/09/2000 to 14/07/2011
 6 active medications
 7 documents
 5 test results
 1 hospital stays
 0 performed procedures

Allergies and Intolerances

 *does* have allergies (last confirmed 05/07/2010)
 Acyclovir: unknown reaction
 HCT: not tolerated: discontinued due to allergy or intolerance
 Penicillin: developed urticaria/dyspnoe this morning, eg. 12h after first
tablet

Vaccinations
 tetanus (\u22111): Sep 2000 @ 69y 5m (Tetasorbat (SFCMS) (Tetanus)
»SFCMS#102041A#11«)