Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter information in Notelet editor

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter information in Notelet editor
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 17:17:38 -0300

This is REALLY anoying behavior, as when you press save you hope your notelet is saved with the information typed, but it doesn't so all my transition from paper to digital have the wrong timestamp

Rogerio

On 2011-07-17, at 11:40 AM, Jim  wrote:

> The start and end datetimes can accept focus and apparent changes, however they are not saved.
>
> Is there a purpose to allow them to accept focus and apparent changes (which are not saved)?

My bad… such changes *can* be saved, except it is not enough to click the

       Notelet  [Save] button

… one has to click

       Encounter: [Save] button

Still problems with [Save all] and questions about Encounters…

1. [Save all] still does not save the base notelet (if someone would try to create a new problem from inside the notelet) and I can't remember if this can be fixed… since it is not fixed in 0.9.7 does this mean a fix can only be implemented in gnumed-next or is there something about the construction of the plugin which would not allow the new "base" notelet to be saved as part of [Save all]?

2. Several minutes before, I had searched Kirk and I had gone back and forth between Kirk and another patient. After doing this, I could see

       EMR > Encounters list

the newest Kirk encounter which had been opened when I first searched Kirk. However, when I entered the Notes editor and began to enter information, changing (above the notelets) the encounter type to a different type, and changing the date, and clicking [Save all], this most recent encounter disappeared from the list offered by

       EMR > Encounters list

Is it possible that for changes to Encounter information to be actually saved, one must either click the [Save] button which is part of the Encounter group *or* [Save all] but maybe the latter will only write the changes to the Encounter information if there was *also* a 2nd or 4rd etc notelet to save?

-- Jim