Re: [Gnumed-devel] Formatting of SOAP row and metadata

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Formatting of SOAP row and metadata
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:25:50 -0700

On 2011-07-21, at 2:51 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Shown at both the level of the Health Issue (screenshot 1) and at the level
>> of the Episode (screenshot 2).
>
> This does not show that the episode name is show multiple
> times with each encounter as far as I can see ?

My error in that the multiple times may not have been per encounter.

I am only questioning the value of displaying the episode name at all.

1) when EMR tree focus is on one episode, displaying that episode name even one
time (let alone multiple times) in the right pane is redundant

2) when EMR tree focus is on a Health Issue, I am still not convinced there is
value to displaying the episode names in the right sided output. Opening the
EMR tree will show the episode names,  and anyone who wants to review the
record will have a focus on the SOAP notes and not the 'derived' episode names.

Therefore why not just remove the episode names from the right-sided output?

Also redundant is the issue information.

??

-- Jim