[Gnumed-devel] Wishlist: add a Photo button to the Notelet editor

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Wishlist: add a Photo button to the Notelet editor
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:13:27 -0700

Currently, from within the Notelet creator, the user can click 'Image" and

- attach an image from existing template and mark up a copy thereof, to serve
as a diagram
- create a new template from a file in the flle system

however there is a third mode we did not yet attain -- which Richard made me
realize when showing me his notes -- i.e. the ability to add a photo of the
patient.

This would not be a template but would instead be a one-off.

Is this agreed desirable / useful?

If yes, then the question is whether to assign its own button (as in
screenshot) except that a Photo is in fact an image, so would it better be set
one level deeper inside the Image button?

Click Image

--> instead of being presented a window titled

        "Select letter or form template"

        with a list of existing documents / templates

        with buttons

        [OK] [Cancel]     [New] [Edit] [Delete]

--> the user could instead be presented with a window titled

        "Select image from photo or re-usable template"

        [OK]  [Cancel]     [Photo]     Template:  [New] [Edit] [Delete]

Two more things:

1) might the Edit button be better renamed Manage, since while it makes
possible to replace it or to alter its representation (name) in the listing,
and to control the application which opens it, the widget does not provide
means to actually edit the template itself?

2) is it known whether and how the photo could be "visible" (or the object
reference able to be made double-clickable) from within the right pane of the
EMR tree viewer?

-- Jim

PNG image

PNG image