Re: [Gnumed-devel] Formatting of SOAP row and metadata

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Formatting of SOAP row and metadata
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 10:00:49 -0700

On 2011-07-23, at 4:57 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> This shows which episode this measurement belongs under. I
> agree this is redundant :-)   However, it is not easy to not
> display the episode information because GNUmed does not
> actively select this information. All it does is display
> what is inside clin.v_emr_journal (to be precise:
> clin.v_test_results_journal). That view presents clinical
> data in journal view and includes meta data with each item.
>
> If you think it should be removed from the view (and
> consequently not be shown in, say, the EMR Journal plugin) -
> then *that* is what we need opinions on.

Well, we may _get_ no other opinions until we have more list subscribers who
both use GNUmed *and* who insert (or import) measurements into their records,
since it is under that situation that this issue most greatly manifests. :-/

For the sake of argument, what would it take to remove, from the EMR tree view,
those multiple and agreed-redundant lines e.g.

          Episode "postop infected laceration L forearm" in health
          issue "9/2000 extraterrestrial infection"

Would it need one of

(1)     redefining clin.v_test_results_journal to not include that metadata

or

(2)     defining a new view to be used in EMR tree for such data?

IMHO -- pending the opinions of others -- if redundancy of information will
distract from the purpose of helping to understand the history of the patient
*, then one of (1) or (2) would IMO be warranted.

-- Jim

* since a purpose to review the history of the EMR entries themselves is
arguably a different purpose which may involve the logs