Re: [Gnumed-devel] Wishlist: add a Photo button to the Notelet editor

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Wishlist: add a Photo button to the Notelet editor
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 10:24:29 -0700

On 2011-07-23, at 4:10 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Done.
>
> (this is shown when the [Image] button is pressed in the SOAP plugin)
>
> Karsten

Great! As far as cameras to consider, Richard had written me

> Found a great little
> webcam from the USA - macro IPEVO-2 I think it was called - stuggles a bit
> with the auto-focus but can macro down to say the size of a single key on the
> keyboard and as it attatched to the video device > direct into the progress
> notes. GnuMed should be able to implement that if it dosn't already.

http://www.ipevo.com/prods/Point-2-View-USB-Camera/IPEVO

45 customer reviews at Amazon
        http://www.amazon.com/IPEVO-Point-View-USB-Camera/dp/B002UBPBTC
        - one review pointing out the autofocus problem can be overcome
                by forcing pre-focus on a piece of paper and deactivating
autofocus

the P2V (successor of PoV) uses the standard UVC driver therefore works in
Linux, Mac, and Windows alike.

        http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/linux-uvc-devel/2010-March/005557.html

Apparently popular among dentists: when combined with a laptop computer they
can document a patients mouth - and even show patients in real-time exactly
what's happening with their teeth and gums onscreen. Top mounted buttons
control focus and snapshot functions.

http://www.uvccompatiblewebcams.com/chat-cams/files/ipevo-p2v-close-range-webcam.html

note the older model PoV is not Linux compatible

http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/hardware/430353-driver-ipevo-webcam.html

-- Jim