Re: [Gnumed-devel] client menus GNUmed > Preferences vs GNUmed > Master

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] client menus GNUmed > Preferences vs GNUmed > Master data
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:15:03 -0700

On 2011-07-25, at 2:39 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Is it correct to expect that all settings which would be set via
>>
>>      GNUmed > Preferences
>>
>> would be user specific, whereas settings or alterations made via
>>
>>      GNUmed > Master data
>>
>> would be praxis-wide (in common to all users)
>
> Uhm, yeah, pretty much so I guess.
>
> Karsten

I think this is kind of separation would be helpful to users.

if we determine that it is not correct, the exception could be a case to
relocate the option inside the other menu.

Also it may be future-desirable (wishlist) that the stuff under Master data be
unalterable except by knowing gm-dbo password. Rogerio had earlier suggested
that not just anyone be able to create certain new values but I am not sure
whether that use case fits inside the above.

-- Jim