Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements - adding and abbreviations

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements - adding and abbreviations
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:44:16 -0700

I am noticing a usability problem even in 0.9.8, but is it only in my Mac OS
under X11?

When I input a measurement:

1) when I reach focus in the "units" field, the phrasewheel offers me all
matches across all existing tests, despite that I have already selected a test
/ lab pairing and even despite that I had previously used umol/L this only
appears very far down a list as follows (screenshot)

        - the field is too narrow to have its meta text (lab?) usefully visible
        - can the phrasewheel better filter what is offered?

2) when I reach the field Date

        - the timestamp is offered by default but even if I type over

        2011-07-29

with no time and then tab into the next field, it seems

        20:11:00.00

gets auto-appended to the date and the only way I can escape that is to retype

        2011-07-29

and (instead of hitting return / enter) to mouse-click out of the date field.

??

-- jim

PNG image