[Gnumed-devel] Does bootstrapping / upgrading databases sometimes need m

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Does bootstrapping / upgrading databases sometimes need mxDateTime ?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 13:17:49 -0700

I am wondering whether it is explainable why I ran into problems on Mac trying
to upgrade my database from

        v15 (production)
to      v16 (development)

which, when I tried with postgres from EnterpriseDB I got the error

        ImportError: No module named mx.DateTime

however it was fixable when I changed my path from EnterpriseDB postgres to
MacPorts

        /opt/local/lib/postgresql84/bin

I should maybe point out that:

********************************
1) my computer has on it

        /opt/local/var/macports/software/py26-mx-base

however that is accessible (presumably) from the python… since the upgrade
worked without the above being in my successful $PATH:

/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/opt/local/lib/postgresql84/bin

2) there are no binaries in

        /opt/local/lib/postgresql84/bin

which were not also present in EnterpriseDB which was in my previous path:

        /Library/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/

in fact, the latter has everything that is in /opt/local/lib/postgresql84/bin
*plus* also these extras:

        pltcl_listmod
        pltcl_loadmod
        pg_standby