Re: [Gnumed-devel] Simple improvements to Social network

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Simple improvements to Social network
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 21:10:32 -0700

On 2011-08-01, at 12:15 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> On 2011-08-01, at 11:36 AM, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> Per screenshot
>
>       http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2011-08/pngl3ZvABgtgb.png

Two further afterthoughts:

1. Where I suggested a button "Restore, I noticed there exists a somehwhat
differently-named button in the ID pane "Revert".

--> I suppose "Revert" is better because we are talking strictly to discard the
pending edits, and go back (a single step) to what it most recently "was", as
opposed to restoring from any earlier saved version.

2. Can the

        In-database emergency contact

have a down-cursor function that displays the one-most-recently-activated
patient, rather like what is possible in the main person search field but
constrained to a single value? The reason is because when the person did not
yet exist in the database, the praxis staff would be

        (a) going to Person > Register person and inputting the person
        (b) handily pressing down-cursor to select the patient and return to
their record
        (c) set focus back in the patient "Social network" field

                        In-database emergency contact

and so if we would enable the above function, the user would not even need to
re-search the identity. It would offer a certain elegance of symmetry in
returning to the patient and, by using this same down-cursor method, selecting
the person who had just been created for this express purpose.

-- Jim