Re: [Gnumed-devel] Date parsing in Postgres/GNUmed

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Date parsing in Postgres/GNUmed
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 13:31:06 -0700

On 2011-08-06, at 11:38 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> and had not repainted the screen.
>
> Given the above the question would be: Why would it ?

Because say my patient Julian Bashir actually had a date of birth of January
11, 1986 which in Canada I would enter as

        11/1/86

and which I would input as below (rejecting the auto-snap) and click save.

While it *appears* to be saved correctly from a Canadian point of view, it is
not. Moreover, it may as well be displayed (post-save) in the same format as it
will appear anyway if we would search some different patient and then come back:

        1986-11-01

which would both allow the user to observe right away that this is not what
they wanted. It also supports the good UI practice of consistency in how things
are being displayed.

-- Jim

PNG image