Re: [Gnumed-devel] Paperwork and forms development

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Paperwork and forms development
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 11:36:05 +0200

On Sat, Aug 06, 2011 at 09:17:25PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> > Separately from the wiki topic that is intended for the user manual
> >
> >     http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/GmManualLettersForms
>
> As I look at it some more, is the above agreed
> too-advanced for the User manual and really needs its
> content transferred to a developer page

It can benefit from some top-bottom reorg, yes.

> and something simpler left behind as to how to (simply)
> "use" existing templates?

That seemed so trivial (to me ;-) that I did not know what
to write :-))

Certainly, some helpful text to that effect is desirable !

> The simple manual page can make reference to getting their
> IT support (or advanced users) to prepare or suitably modify
> templates for them.

Yes, see above, can be moved to the bottom of the page
(unless the forms-use-how-to grows sufficiently large to
warrant a separate developers page).

> (I am still not at a stage to develop one although I can likely hack some
> mods ).

GNUmed now supports exporting the template into a file such
that one can more easily hack on existing ones.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de