Re: [Gnumed-devel] organizations

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] organizations
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 16:27:26 -0700

On 2011-08-08, at 3:40 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Sure, however, this dialog initially only intends to allow
> *management* of organizations.
>
> There will be a phrasewheel for searching orgs, of course.

For some lists of things that only infrequently be changed, it is manageable to
separate the lookup / viewing and selection from among existing values
separately from their management (over in an entirely different menu

        GNUmed > Master data > Manage lists

but it can be much easier to have an arrangement where -- if you find that a
value does not exist -- you can access within the same dialog the ability to
create it. Kind of like how I recently suggested that in the Measurements
viewer, it would be handy to have a button that would evoke the

        EMR > Add / Edit > Measurement(s)

Also, I noticed that in what you are developing it seems there is already
interaction between the parts of the dialog (click on a parent "Org" and its
component "Org units" become auto-highlighted… or is it the other way around…
click on an "Org unit" and its parent becomes highlighted?

I was thinking an all-in one dialog that offered both phrasewheel search plus
management of the selected match could be really helpful but maybe too complex
(time consuming) to code?

-- Jim