Re: [Gnumed-devel] offlist Re: Waitlist sort order

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] offlist Re: Waitlist sort order
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:59:31 -0700

On 2011-08-06, at 10:17 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> I am using the MediStar
> list at work.
>
> That list has even less functionality (say, it doesn't
> support explicit urgency).
>
> We don't even use zones (although it does support them).
>
> What I am saying is that even a list with *less*
> functionality than what the GNUmed list already offers does
> not exhibit any of the issues you've been imagining to occur
> in the setting I've been describing.
>
> Said list is actively being used by many people constantly
> and concurrently.

One of the possible differences is that in Medistar your praxis may be using
the list purely as a waiting list for appointments (?) whereas you have
purposely made GNUmed's list suitable to handle a variety of to dos.

This raises considerably the chances that in a multi-person praxis, the list
length will grow beyond the screen and that some kind of sort order is going to
be important.

The plugin should even be renamed to 'Task list' (which implies that within it
can contain Waiting list as a zone).

??

-- Jim