Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders in latex

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] placeholders in latex
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 05:53:35 -0700

On 2011-05-25, at 3:05 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> Another strange behavior is that with any placeholder that lets you
>> select something from the journal, tex and ooffice, you can select the
>> episode and the specific entry and after finishing, the procedure starts
>> right at the beginning. You have to push <cancel> to get the
>> document-creation working.
>
> Yeah, I know, that's what I meant by "the selection mechanism is scary".
>
> The reasoning is that it lets you go back up the tree levels (issue,
> episode, encounter) until you're fed up and have selected everything
> you want to hit CANCEL.
>
> I agree we need a better selection mechanism.
>
> I am open to suggestions.

Initially, I was wondering whether there could be support for the templates to
receive parameters that could be passed into them via widget. That could be
really complicated (not to mention ugly).

Then I thought… what about a widget that would itself generate a discardable
(or re-usable) template? A praxis could have template "parts" (a 'head' and a
'tail').

In between the head and the tail, a selection of placeholders could be picked
from a list with an optional number of weeks to go back historically and the
selections / input could be concatenated in between the head-part and the tail:

        allergies [  ]
        current medications [  ]
        vaccinations [  ]

        problem list [  ]
        include unattributed [  ] open     [  ] all
        limit unattributed to historical weeks: ___

        encounters
        episodes
        narrative rows

        line to hold signature