Re: [Gnumed-devel] bug hunting needed in preparation for next release

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bug hunting needed in preparation for next release
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:04:45 -0700

On 2011-08-14, at 10:48 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> I ask everyone to start hunting for bugs in the current GIT
> head. I will likely within the next week release an .rc so
> people who can't or don't want to clone the repository can
> still look at things.

One thing that -- even if not a bug --  I would like to see refactored is the
sequence of health issue / episode / narrative row selection (when the soap
rows placeholder is called).

On the way "to" the selection, the functionality is satisfactory although could
be improved with:

        - maybe better literals in the window titles and above the selection
area, and
        - a "Select all" button for those situations when it might be desirable
to include all

More important than the above is the confusion that can befall a user when,
having already selected:

        - the relevant health issues
        - the relevant episodes
        - the desired soap rows

and clicking "OK" the user is then navigated "upward" and is presented, in
reverse order, with

        - the episodes which they had already selected (which they must
paradoxically "Cancel" in order to "accept")
        - the health issues which they had already selected (which they must
paradoxically "Cancel" in order to "accept")

So this being "presented with, a second time" makes me wonder if there is some

        do while-type

nesting or escaping or nesting that needs to be able to better exit an inside
loop, essentially "jumping" loops or nestings?

-- Jim