Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Data packs
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:58:32 -0700

On 2011-08-29, at 1:49 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> However, there may be
> several data packs for ATC and/or LOINC now so the user can
> opt to install one or more some of which install processes
> will overwrite data while others will install additional
> data (or in fact remove some).

"Install" can give the impression of adding functionality to GNUmed when what
we are talking here is simply the populating rows with data. I will remind
myself to think of it only as

        Load…

Should

        [pack <name_foo>]
        name = foo
        URL = http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/data/foo
        minimum database version = 0
        maximum database version = 0

gain

        description = something_to_inform_the_user?

which could be supplied in a GUI column that could be additional to

        Data pack
        Min db
        Max db
        Source