Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 21:18:01 +0200

On Sat, Sep 03, 2011 at 04:51:42PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> Scripts attached. With my internet connection and machine, they ran in less
> than a minute.
>
> The resulting INN csv files will contain ~4252 consumable substances having
> ATCs and file sizes around 150K.
>
> The resulting Canadian non-INN file is a little bigger (6355 records, ~ 240
> Kb) because its names do not depend on having an ATC or INN, and therefore it
> contains substances even when they lack an ATC.

Those scripts nicely look like the toolbox of someone who
somewhat regularly (whenever appropriate) re-creates
Canadian drug data from FreeDiams data in the form of a
GNUmed data pack.

The last step is missing so far - create an SQL script
called "install-data-pack.sql" which can be run by GNUmed to
actually import the data.

The install-data-pack.sql and possibly associated data files
will not live in the git tree but the scripts *creating*
those files may well do.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de