Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 20:57:59 -0700

On 2011-09-04, at 8:21 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> Two suggestions after you would check the satisfactoriness of what I
> contributed:
>
>       2011-ca-nonbranded-drugs.zip

2011-en_ca-nonbranded-drugs.zip

        (because there can easily be a
        2011-fr_ca-nonbranded-drugs.zip

> 2. Suggest in data-packs.conf
>
>       name = Canadian non-brand drug info 2011

Canadian (english) non-brand drug info 2011

A third suggestion… the data file that is referenced inside
install-data-pack.sql does not need to be so specific as

        consumable_substances_en_CA.txt

because the data file will reside inside a suitably named directory like

        2011-en_ca-nonbranded-drugs/

so I can rename the data file

        consumable_substances.txt

The advantage is when more than one data source can be provided in exactly the
same form as (subject to testing) I might manageably do for

        South African
        French AFSSAPS
        FDA Drug Product Database

it will cut down the work (and reduce the errors) of tweaks which can be
factored-out.

-- Jim