Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 23:21:04 -0700

On 2011-09-04, at 8:57 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> A third suggestion… [snip] I can rename the data file
>
>       consumable_substances.txt

A further thought… while the GNUmed client will have been pointed (via
data-packs.conf) to a remote URL, and the GNUmed client will have presumably
run a shell script to unzip the archive and can know which directory remains of
interest, has the client some way to either launch psql "from" that directory
or to supply psql with a fully referenced file pathname for the unzipped data
file?

(I am not sure if the sql script can be aware of its own location as a way to
help psql).

??

-- Jim